Harrison Ford, Lupita Nyong’o and Oscar Isaac at an actors’ roundtable in LA, December 2013 (months before either Lupita or Oscar was cast in Star Wars!)
- 6:00 PM "The Heroes of Star Wars Rebels" panel led by producers Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and voice actors Freddie Prinze, Jr., Vanessa Marshall, Steve Blum, Tiya Sircar, and Taylor Gray.
- 10:00 AM "Star Wars Origami" panel led by Chris Alexander, the author of Star Wars Origami. There will be SDCC exclusive models! Materials are provided.
- 11:00 AM "Star Wars Storyboards: The Original Trilogy" featuring never before seen artwork presented by Former ILM art director Joe Johnston and Lucasfilm editor J. W. Rinzler.
- 12:00 PM "Hasbro: Star Wars" led by Hasbro’s global marketing director Jeff Labovitz, and design manager Bill Rawley. Never before seen action figures from Rebels will be shown.
- 1:00 PM "Star Wars: Collectibles Update" An exclusive preview of the latest in Star Wars collectibles from Gentle Giant Studios. The panel is moderated by Anita Castellar of Lucas Licensing.
- 2:00 PM "Star Wars: A New Dawn" This panel is a discussion of the development process of the book with the same title and a preview of other upcoming Star Wars novels. The panel is led by John Jackson Miller, Shelly Shapiro, Frank Parisi, Jennifer Heddle, Pablo Hidalgo, Vanessa Marshall, and Dave Filoni.
- 3:00 PM "Star Wars: The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight"
- 4:00 PM “Star Wars Rebels: A New HeroPoster Giveaway and Book Signing with Pablo Hidalgo” Booth #929 Early access to purchase Star Wars Rebels: A New Hero, meet author Pablo Hidalgo, and receive a free poster! (source)
Jeffrey Brown – Star Wars Insider: Booth #5537
The writer/artist of Vader’s Little Princess will be signing copies of Star Wars Insider #151 for fans at the Titan Publishing booth. (source)
- 10:00 AM "Phineas and Ferb" This panel will include a sneak peak of the Phineas and Ferb/Star Wars crossover that will premiere this summer.
- 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM "Lucasfilm Portfolio Review" Room PR F
Troy Alders, now art director at Disney Consumer Products, is conducting portfolio reviews, providing critiques, and offering tips to graphic designers. Bring a portfolio selection of your best design work in and see if you have what it takes to create art for the ever-expanding Star Wars galaxy. Graphic Design degrees a plus. (source)
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM “501st Costuming 101: Dressing to Serve the Empire” Room 8 This panel provides an overview of what is involved in creating a costume, the different costume categories, and how much time is involved in creating a costume that is screen accurate. A panel of experts describe, display, and demonstrate tips and techniques used for their costume specialties and share the mission of the 501st legion. (source)
- 8:00 PM "Star Wars Trivia" Led by the San Diego Star Wars society. There will be prizes!
- 8:30 PM "The Psychology of Star Trek vs. Star Wars IV" Led by psychologists Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Dr. Ali Mattu with special guests Sam Witwer and Rod Roddenberry and refereed by Brian Ward.
Sunday: No specific Star Wars panels.
- The Lucasfilm Booth is #2913
- The Dark Horse Booth is #2615
- SDCC Exclusives
- Katie Cook, katiecandraw Table #HH-17
Artist Signings at Dark Horse (Booth #2615)
- Thursday 3:30 PM–4:20 PM: Jonathan Rinzler
- Friday 5:30 PM–6:30 PM: Randy Stradley, Doug Wheatley, Carlos D’Anda, Gabe Eltaeb, Dave Wilkins, Tim Siedell, Michael Heisler
- Saturday 12:00 PM–12:50 PM: Adam Hughes, Matt Kindt, Dan Parsons, Gabe Eltaeb, Wes Dzioba, Michael Heisler, Ariel Olivetti
- Sunday 11:00 AM.–11:30 AM: Gabriel Hardman, Corinna Bechko
- Go to the 501st panel, they are an awesome group.
- Go visit the Dark Horse booth and let them know how much you’ve loved their Star Wars comics over the years. Remember that they are losing their contract for Star Wars comics next year, so just let them know how grateful we all are for their contribution.
- I also recommend visiting artists Katie Cook (Table HH-17) and Doug Wheatley (Booth 2615 from 5:30-6:30 on Friday) because they are both wonderful artists, and very friendly.
Also, tag “starwarsgroup” in your SDCC pictures if you want us to reblog them!